Cable Cutter, Insulated
- Insulated Cable Cutters are individually tested to meet or exceed ASTM F1505-16(2021) and IEC 60900: 2018 standards for insulated tools, and clearly marked with the official 1000-volt rating symbol
- Two layers of insulation on Cable Cutters provide protection against electric shock
- Thick, exceptionally tough, high-dielectric white inner coating is bonded to the tool with a flame retardant, impact-resistant, bright orange outer coating
- Integral guards help prevent hand contact with conductive parts
- Made in USA
- Cable-gripping shear-type jaws
- Precision, one-hand shearing action perfect for working in confined spaces
- DO NOT use to cut steel or ACSR
Use the Klein Tools Insulated Cable Cutter when cutting cable where there is a risk of electrical shock. This cable cutter offers protection up to 1000 volts and features a one-handed shearing design for easy operation. It is individually tested to exceed the IEC 60900 and ASTM F1505 standards, for insulated tools, and clearly marked with the official 1000-volt rating symbol.
- Only use tools that are marked with the official international 1000-volt rating symbol shown above, if there is any chance that the tools will make contact with an energized source.
- Whenever possible, always de-energize lines and equipment prior to working on or around them. Klein insulated tools are designed only to reduce the chance of injury where the tool may make contact with an energized source.
- Do NOT touch uninsulated portion of the tool or any conductive object when either might contact an energized source.
- Always wear approved eye protection.
- Because moisture, films, or other surface contaminants are conductive, Klein insulated tools must be kept clean, dry, and free of any surface contaminants.
- Do NOT use to cut steel or ACSR.
- Always inspect your tools before use. Destroy tool if insulation becomes damaged in any way.
- Keep tool clean, dry and free of any surface contaminants.