Cable Cutter, Insulated, High-Leverage, 9-Inch
- Cable cutter cuts 4/0 aluminum, 2/0 soft copper, 100-Pair 24 AWG communications cable
- Individually tested to meet or exceed ASTM F1506-16 and IEC 60900 standards for insulated tools, and clearly marked with the official 1000V rating symbol
- Precision, one-hand shearing action perfect for working in confined spaces
- Integral guards help prevent hand contact with conductive parts
- Made in USA
- Two layers of insulation on Cable Cutters provide protection against electric shock
- Cable-gripping shear-type jaws
This insulated high-leverage cable cutter cuts aluminum, copper and communications cable. Cable-gripping shear-type jaws and a high-leverage design translate to 30-Percent less force needed to cut as compared to Klein's 63050 model. Through-hardened, not case-hardened, cutting surfaces increase the durability and life of this tool.
- DO NOT use to cut steel or ACSR.
- Only use tools that are marked with the official international 1000-volt rating symbol shown above, if there is any chance that the tools will make contact with an energized source.
- Whenever possible, always de-energize lines and equipment prior to working on or around them. Klein insulated tools are designed only to reduce the chance of injury where the tool may make contact with an energized source.
- Do NOT touch uninsulated portion of the tool or any conductive object when either might contact an energized source.
- Wear approved eye protection.