Tone & Probe Test and Trace Kit
- Simple analog tone generator and wire tracing probe for open-ended non-active wire runs
- Responsive probe with durable, non-metallic, conductive tip
- Alligator clips for unterminated wires
- RJ45 to RJ45 test cable
- Toner and probe together perform pin to pin wire map test
- Work light on probe tip for use in dark spaces
- Adjustable volume control
- AAA batteries (included)
- Replaceable test cables available (Cat. No. VDV770-855)
- Headphone jack for noisy environments (headphones not included)
The Tone & Probe Test and Trace Kit provides simple toning and tracing of non-energized wire. The easy-to-use tone generator traces wire when used with the included probe. Alligator clips are provided for unterminated wires and an RJ45 to RJ45 cable to tone or test data cables. The responsive probe is a tone tracer with a durable, non-metallic, conductive tip, a speaker with audible output and headphone jacks for use in noisy environments (headphones not included). The worklight on the probe illuminates dark spaces. The toner and probe together perform pin to pin wire map test.
- Carefully read all instructions.
- Read all safety information before using.
- Do NOT use on energized circuits.
- Do not use instruments if wet, as this could pose a shock hazard.
- Do not use instruments if damaged in any way.
- Turn off instrument and disconnect all test leads before attempting to replace batteries.
- Do not open the case, other than the battery compartment.
- Battery door must be in place and secure before you operate.