Chicago® Grip with Latch 0.37-Inch Cable
- Works with aircraft, EHS, messenger and guy strand cable
- Designed for cable sizes from 0.12 to 0.37-Inch (3.05 to 9.40 mm) with maximum safe load of 4500-Pound (2041 kg)
- Double V grooves give four-point contact, reducing chance of slipping and providing proper alignment of wire and cable
- Sawtooth profile provides extra gripping power
- Made in USA
- For larger conductors, see our grips with round inside-jaw contour
- Locking handle keeps jaw open while grip is placed on cable with a hot stick
The Klein Tools 1613-40H Chicago Grip is designed for EHS, Messenger and Guy Strand cable. It comes with a hot-line latch for bare conductors, which allows you to place this grip on a cable with a hot-line stick. When the stick is removed, the latch closes automatically to guard against grips accidentally disengaging from the wire. All Klein grips are manufactured from custom drop-forged steel that is machined and heat treated for excellent durability. Grips are rigorously tested and pulled to rated load to ensure the highest quality and reliability.
- Before each use, clean jaw area and inspect grip for proper operation to avoid slippage.
- When used on/near energized lines, ground, insulate, or isolate grip before pulling.
- Do not exceed rated capacity.
- Always match proper size and type of grip to application.
- Grips are to be used for temporary installation, not for permanent anchorage.