Non-Contact Voltage Tester Pen, Dual Range, with Laser Pointer
- Voltage Tester provides non-contact determination of AC voltage in cables, cords, circuit breakers, switches, outlets and wires, as well as AC voltage in security, entertainment, communications, environmental control and irrigation systems
- Dual-range testing: select 12 to 1000V AC which is perfect for low voltage systems such as doorbells, environmental control or irrigation systems, or select 70 to 1000V AC which is perfect for detecting systems such as electrical mains supply
- Bright integrated laser pointer for identifying objects of interest at distance on the jobsite
- Simple to use intuitive interface is easy to change between voltage detection ranges and easy to determine the currently active range
- Delivers simultaneous visual and audible voltage indicators when AC voltage is detected
- Audible voltage indicator beeps at a greater frequency the higher the voltage that is sensed, or the closer to the voltage source
- Built to withstand a 9.9-Foot / 3-meter drop
- Auto Power-Off conserves battery life
- Screw-thread battery cap
- Lightweight, compact tool with pocket clip provides convenient storage and quick access
- CAT IV 1000V safety rating
- US Patent No. D750985
The Klein Tools NCVT-5A is a dual-range non-contact voltage tester (NCVT) with integrated laser pointer. The tester can be set to detect voltage from 70 to 1000V AC (Mode 1) or from 12 to 1000V AC (Mode 2). High pitched audible alerts beep at greater frequency as higher voltage is sensed, or proximity to the voltage source gets closer. The laser pointer can function independent of or simultaneously with the NCVT. CAT IV 1000V safety rating.
- Read, understand, and follow all instructions, cautions and warnings attached to and/or packed with all test and measurement devices before each use.
- Never assume neutral or ground wires are de-energized. Neutrals in multi-wire branch circuits may be energized when disconnected and must be retested before handling.
- LASER RADIATION, Class IIIa laser. DO NOT direct laser beam into eyes, DO NOT stare into the beam, or DO NOT view directly with optical instruments as this can cause severe and permanent eye damage.
- Use of this tester in any way other than that specified by the manufacturer can impair safe operation, resulting in severe injury or death