March 10, 2020 (Lincolnshire, Ill.) – Klein Tools (www.kleintools.com), for professionals since 1857, introduces the Scout® Pro 3 Tester Starter Kit, a versatile voice/data/video cable tester that locates and tests coax, data and telephone cables in order to verify accurate cable installations each time.
Scout® Pro 3 Tester Starter Kit (Cat. No. VDV501-851)
- Test voice (RJ11/12), data (RJ45) and video (coax F-connector) cables
- Measure cable length (up to 2,000 feet)
- Backlit LCD screen displays cable length, wiremap, cable ID and test results
- Self-Storing Test+Map™ Remote
- Test for Open, Short, Miswire or Split-Pair faults
- Tone cables, wire pairs and individual conductor wires (requires analog probe Cat. No. VDV500-123; sold separately)
- Hub blink mode to identify port location on a hub or a switch
- LanMap™ and CoaxMap™ Location Remotes (5 each) to map and ID multiple cable runs in a single step
- Include voltage warning, shield detection, auto power-off and low battery indicator
“Klein Tools' new Scout Pro 3 Tester Starter Kit is the next-generation tester, improved to make it even easier for professionals to test VDV cables,” said Karen Alpan, product manager at Klein Tools. “We took user feedback into account when designing this kit, and gave it a larger backlit display and a simplified, intuitive user interface. Combined with the improved durability, customers will find this perfect for testing VDV cables.”
For more information, visit www.kleintools.com/new-products or search for #NewKleins on social media.
About Klein Tools
Since 1857 Klein Tools, a family-owned and operated company, has been designing, developing and manufacturing premium-quality, professional-grade hand tools. The majority of Klein tools are manufactured in plants throughout the United States and are the No. 1 choice among professional electricians and other tradespeople. For more information, visit www.kleintools.com.
Klein is a registered trademark of Klein Tools, Inc.