July 11, 2019 (Lincolnshire, Ill.) – Klein Tools (www.kleintools.com), for professionals since 1857, introduces the new LAN Explorer™ Data Cable Tester (Cat. No. VDV526-100) and Compact Pass-Thru™ Modular Crimper (Cat. No. VDV226-005). The VDV526-100 tests voice and data cables for miswires, open faults, short faults and shield status. The VDV226-005 works with Pass-Thru™ connectors to reduce prep time with the capability to crimp Klein Tools’ RJ45 Pass-Thru™ connectors and trim conductor wires in one step. Both products augment Klein Tools’ existing Voice-Data-Video product line and feature pocket-sized, compact designs for easy, all-day carrying.
- Single button testing of RJ11, RJ12 and RJ45 terminated voice and data cables
- Tests CAT3, CAT5e and CAT6/6A cables
- Fast LED responses indicate cable status (Pass, Miswire, Open-Fault, Short-Fault and Shield)
- Test remote stores securely in tester body
- Compact tester easily fits in pocket for greater accessibility
- Auto power-off conserves battery life
- Low battery indicator; includes 1 x 9V battery
- Replacement remote sold separately (Cat. No VDV999-150)
- Crimps Klein Tools' RJ45 Pass-Thru™ connectors and trims conductor wires in one step
- Fast, reliable RJ45 Pass-Thru™ Modular Crimper reduces prep time while minimizing rework and wasted materials for data applications
- Trims connector wires flush to connectors, eliminating unintended contact when mated with jack
- On-tool wiring guide helps minimize wiring errors
- Extends Klein Tools’ existing Pass-Thru™ product offering; for use with Klein Tools Pass-Thru™ Connectors only
- Not for use with standard (non Pass-Thru™) connectors
- Replacement blades sold separately (Cat. No. VDV999-078)
“This addition to Klein’s Voice-Data-Video product line offers two innovative solutions to connecting and testing successful installations in phone and data applications,” says Karen Alpan, product manager at Klein Tools. “The LAN Explorer™ Data Cable Tester provides instant, easy-to-understand results while the Compact Pass-Thru™ Modular Crimper quickly crimps and trims data connectors. Their simple, compact designs help lighten tool bags to make traveling to and from the jobsite easier.”
About Klein Tools
Since 1857 Klein Tools, a family-owned and operated company, has been designing, developing and manufacturing premium-quality, professional-grade hand tools. The majority of Klein tools are manufactured in plants throughout the United States and are the No. 1 choice among professional electricians and other tradespeople. For more information, visit www.kleintools.com.
Klein is a registered trademark of Klein Tools, Inc.