April 9, 2019 (Lincolnshire, Ill.) – Klein Tools (www.kleintools.com), for professionals since 1857, introduces a new AC/DC Digital Clamp Meter (CL380), bringing accessibly priced AC/DC True Root Mean Squared (TRMS) measurement capabilities to Klein Tools’ product line. The CL380 Digital Clamp Meter offers the capability to measure current up to 400A AC/DC and also features a high-visibility reverse contrast LCD display for improved viewability in all lighting conditions. Additional applications include non-contact voltage testing, DC micro-Amp measurements, resistance, continuity, frequency, temperature, and more. Designed for general use in residential, commercial and light-industrial locations, the CL380’s excellent functionality and value provides professionals with a best-in-class clamp meter option.
- Delivers excellent functionality to Klein Tools’ Clamp Meter product line:
- Clamp measures current up to 400A AC/DC
- Non-contact voltage tester integrated into the clamp jaw
- Test leads measure AC/DC voltage up to 600V, 40MΩ Resistance, DC microamps and millivolts, continuity, frequency, duty-cycle, capacitance and test diodes
- K-Type thermocouple probe measures temperature
- High-visibility reverse contrast LCD display provides improved viewability in all lighting conditions
- Auto-ranging True Root Mean Squared (TRMS) measurement technology for greater accuracy
- Max / Min, Rel / Zero and data hold capability
- Auto power-off after five minutes of non-use conserves battery life
- Low battery indicator and easily accessible battery compartment
- Rugged design stands up to jobsite demands with 6.6-foot (2m) drop protection as well as CAT III 600V, Class 2 and Double Insulation safety ratings
- Includes carrying case, test leads, K-type thermocouple probe, instruction manual and 3 x AAA batteries
“Klein Tools’ Test and Measurement product line provides professionals with the solutions and capabilities needed to complete the various types of electrical testing performed on active jobsites,” says Sean O’Flaherty, director of product management at Klein Tools. “Klein’s CL380 delivers the ability to measure AC/DC current on an accessibly priced TRMS clamp meter. Furthermore, the high-visibility reverse contrast LCD display improves viewability in all lighting conditions from dimly lit work spaces to brightly lit surroundings.”
About Klein Tools
Since 1857 Klein Tools, a family-owned and operated company, has been designing, developing and manufacturing premium-quality, professional-grade hand tools. The majority of Klein tools are manufactured in plants throughout the United States and are the No. 1 choice among professional electricians and other tradespeople. For more information, visit www.kleintools.com.
Klein is a registered trademark of Klein Tools, Inc.